Audit mode detected if the error message below is shown upon installing the Google Chrome Installer:
It appears your computer is running in 'Audit Mode.' To resolve this issue, you'll need to edit your Windows registry.
Editing the Windows registry is an advanced process, so you might want to contact your system administrator for help.
- Go to Start > Run.
- In the window that appears, enter regedit and click OK.
- Find the following registry key:
◦ For Windows 7: The value of ImageState in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\State
◦ For Vista: The value of ImageState in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\State
◦ For XP: The value of AuditInProgress in HKLM\System\Setup
- Right-click the registry key and select Modify.
- Delete the value and click OK.